Developers announce exciting new features for 6th anniversary year
03/20/2023 - The developers of PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS announced exciting new features and improvements for the game's sixth year at the 6YEARS & 6EYOND anniversary celebration on March 18. Planned changes include in-game tweaks to improve the gameplay experience across the board, as well as improvements to anti-cheat and Quality of Life features.
Some of the highlights for 2023 are:
- Adjustments to Normal Mode: the mode will serve as a fun zone and will be overhauled in terms of item spawn rates, vehicles, and the Blue Zone. In addition, a new revive system will be introduced.
- Ranked Mode Upgrade: The gap between Ranked and Esports will be closed so that future updates will apply to both Ranked Mode and official PUBG Esports tournaments.
- New map "Neon": the new map will feature a modern city with skyscrapers and surrounding rural areas, and will offer multiple transportation options.
- Visual overhaul of Erangel and Miramar: PUBG's oldest maps will receive extensive improvements and new locations.
Arcades overhaul and introduction of a reward system: new gameplay options and incentives to try them out will be created.
- Clan system introduction: the long-awaited clan system will be introduced in the middle of the year.
- Survivor pass updates and progressive weapon skins: Earning rewards will be made easier and the pursuit of those rewards more enticing.
- Increased anti-cheat efforts: Using machine learning to look for illegal software use and abusive behavior.
The full update can be read on the official website. The last March update and the content drop are already available, major changes are expected in April.
Source: Editorial office