Neverwinter celebrates its 10th anniversary!
06/15/2023 - Gearbox Publishing and Cryptic Studios today announced that Neverwinter is celebrating its 10th anniversary. To celebrate ten years of exploring the iconic Forgotten Realms, adventurers can participate in a special version of Neverwinter's Anniversary Event. Starting today at 16:30 CET and running until June 22 at 16:30 CET, players will have the chance to fight alongside Elminster.
This will be voiced in English by Ed Greenwood, creator of the Forgotten Realms and creator of the character. During the event, adventurers will take on a variety of missions and earn great new rewards, including the new companion "Simulacrum of Elminster."
"The past ten years have been an incredible adventure for Neverwinter and it feels like we're just getting started," said Brett Norton, executive producer of the game. "Over the past ten years, we've had the honor and privilege of experiencing firsthandiconiclocations, classes, encounters, and characters that have shaped Dungeons & Dragons. We're eager to dive further into the new content of Dungeons & Dragons, and we want to thank our wonderful community for being loyal to Neverwinter all these years!"
The 10-year history of Neverwinter
Originally released on PC in June 2013, on Xbox One in March 2015, and on PlayStation 4 in July 2016, gamers and D&D fans alike have praised the D&D MMORPG for bringing the popular Forgotten Realms world to life following the template. Neverwinter is officially one of the longest running MMORPGs in Dungeons & Dragons history. It is based on the 4th and 5th editions of D&D and features 25 major modules (expansions) full of content and more than 40 adventure zones to explore. Over the past decade, Neverwinter has brought to life some of the most popular settings and regions of Dungeons & Dragons, including the Feywild, the Underrealm, Icewind Dale, Avernus, and most recently, Menzoberranzan. In addition, Neverwinter has welcomed many familiar characters from the D&D universe, including heroes such as Drizzt Do'Urden, Lord Dagult Neverember, Minsk and Bruenor Battlehammer, as well as villains such as Tiamat, Vanifer, Strahd of Zarovich and many more.
Details of Neverember's 10th Anniversary Event
To celebrate the 10th anniversary of Forgotten Realms exploration, the fan-favorite event "Protector's Anniversary" returns with new content and rewards! Following is all the exciting content players can enjoy during the event, which runs from today until June 22:
- "Speech of the Protector" skirmish - The popular skirmish has been revamped this year to offer a new experience, including the brand new companion "Simulacrum of Elminster," voiced in English by Ed Greenwood, the character's creator.
- Daily Quests - Elminster needs help preparing the Protector's Enclave for the Jubilee and has a new task each day of the event. They range from decorating the city to firing up the celebratory mood among the residents.
- Escort Missions - As Lord Neverember searches for new business opportunities, merchants from all over the Sword Coast flock to Neverwinter.
- Elminster's Messages - While Elminster Aumar is in the Protector's Enclave, he needs the help of adventurers to deliver messages to Harfner agents. In doing so, Neverwinter's heroes will travel to different zones to complete missions, talk to Harpers in the field, and complete two random level-based quests.
- Anniversary Event Rewards - By participating in the festivities, adventurers can secure new epic rewards, including: Simulacrum of Elminster (companion), Hand of Neverwinter (mount), Mini-Minotaur (companion), Throne of Neverwinter, and Linked Threads (fashion set).
Source: Press release