The battle for the throne of chaos has begun!
04/21/2022 - Today the April update "Battle for the Throne of Chaos" goes live in Lost Ark. With the update, Amazon Games and Smilegate RPG introduce the Lancer, a new advanced martial artist class. A new continent called Southern is also open for players to explore. There are also new progression events, new skins and much more.
NEW ADVANCED CLASS - LANCEBearer
The Lancebearer practices an elaborate and deadly form of martial arts, making her way through the battlefield by combining attacks with her spear and glaive. The Lancer has two different skills that she can switch between - Focus and Flurry - with each stance and skill represented by one of her two weapons. The shorter spear is used to unleash a furious barrage in the Focus stance, while the longer glaive uses the Flurry stance for graceful, deadly strikes and sweeping attacks. While certain builds focus on one of these weapons, an effective Glaivier can maximize its potential by balancing the two stances, building up energy in one stance that grants an effective stat boost when switching to the other.
NEW CONTINENT - SOUTHERN
Discover and explore a new region of Arkesia with the introduction of South Vern. The settlers of South Vern borrowed technology from many different peoples to transform this once barren land into a place of abundant water and green pastures. When the Senate heard rumors of the dangers that lurked in North Vern, it closed South Vern and established a new order of knights. Ealyn, the queen of Vern, suspected something was amiss and assigned the knight commander Avele to investigate. What could be happening to this peaceful continent? Discover the secrets of South Vern as you venture into this new region, meet new characters and complete quests. The story of South-Vern will end in an epic battle that can change the future of Arkesia. South Vern will be the second level 3 continent, along with Punika, and will require an item level of 1340 to begin.
In addition to the storyline, South Vern will include the normal difficulty of the new Chaos Line activity. South Vern`s chaos dungeons, field boss, and chaos gate will be added in a future update as more players reach the minimum item level (1415) required to participate. We apologize for an earlier announcement that stated Thunderwing and the Chaos Gate would be available.
PROGRESSION EVENTS - APRIL 21 - JUNE 30
Players will receive a Feiton Power Pass after completing Feiton`s main quest "Will" during the event period. If you have already completed the quest before the update, you will receive the powerpass when the event begins! The Feiton Powerpass will work like the Vern Powerpasses available to players in the launch version of Lost Ark - once you complete the storyline on that continent, you can use it to bring an alternate character to that point in the game. A Feiton power pass will give you level 960 equipment.This is an event power pass that expires on June 30.
EXPRESS MISSIONS EVENT
This new event allows players to select one of their characters at combat level 50 who is below item level 1000 to complete "Express Missions." This character will receive level 302 equipment and have the opportunity to complete Express and Bonus Missions, for which they will receive significant rewards for improving and advancing. The missions are divided into four sections that correspond to the main continents of Tier 1 and Tier 2 (Nordvern, Rohendel, Yorn and Feiton). Each section offers a wealth of materials relevant to that tier to help players progress, such as silver, grinding materials, important potions, engravings, and more.
We hope this will help new players catch up with their friends while getting to know Tier 1 and 2 and the game modes therein. For players already in Tier 3, this event can be used to quickly level up a new alternate character (perhaps a new Glaivier?). If you complete all the missions, you will receive a very impressive reward, so be sure to take advantage of this event while it lasts! Like the Feiton Powerpass, the Express Mission event will run through June 30.
- A 25-day track has been added with new daily log-in rewards.
- Improved co-op group play for secret cards. Now all four members can submit a map to earn rewards in one playthrough. You no longer have to worry about someone dropping out of your group after using your card!
- Changes to the chat tab are now applied to all members of the group.
- Changed the voice chat volume settings to keep the volume in the middle range.
- Updated the background of the server selection screen.
- The number of available character slots has been increased from 12 to 18.
- Fixed an issue where skill tree information was not displayed when viewing PvP skill information from the Book of Coordination in a custom lobby.
- Improved Book of Coordination settings. Players can now set skill presets, tripod levels, skill runes, gems, item set effects, etc.
- The text has been updated to better describe certain welcome challenges.
- The location where Naruna Hot Springs rewards are dropped has been adjusted.
- Additional controller settings have been added to allow players to change the speed of the mouse pointer and the dead zone of the thumb stick.
- In custom PvP lobbies, a new button has been added to allow users to view all players` active coordination book preferences.
- An option has been added to clear all text in the active chat tab when right-clicking.
- A new setting has been added to allow players to disable the virtual keyboard when using a controller.
Source: Official website