€1 billion sales mark broken through
08/07/2023 - 1 billion € in total sales after 11 years - in a largely hit-driven market, the free-to-play strategy game Forge of Empires from InnoGames shows that longevity can pay off, especially in video games.
"Our recipe for success is a mixture of long-term player loyalty and high attractiveness for new players. That only works if you're willing to listen very carefully to the community's feedback, even over decades if necessary, and to keep delivering new, exciting content. And those are clearly our strengths. In addition, we fully rely on cross-platform, which means you can seamlessly switch from the browser to iOS or Android at any time. This way, Forge of Empires always remains compatible with the community's ever-changing gaming habits and opportunities," comments Christian Reshöft, Chief Product Officer of InnoGames, on reaching the revenue milestone.
Forge of Empires in numbers:
- 130 million registered players currently.
- Revenue shares of the largest markets (2012-2022): USA (36%), Germany (19%), France (8%), UK (4%).
- Revenue share (period under review: 2022) of players who have been active for more than 3 and 5 years respectively: 34 and 18%.
- Average playtime of game content added since launch: approx. 5 years
- Average playtime of all currently available content: approx. 6 years
Source: Press release