Season of the haunted started
05/24/2022 - Today Bungie released the Season of the Haunted for Destiny 2, where players will face the return of Calu's corrupted spaceship - the Leviathan. Guardians face nightmares of the past, receive an update to their Solar Focuses with Solar 3.0, and become Scythe-wielding Reapers. The Season of the Haunted runs through August 23.
The Leviathan - once a symbol of pure luxury - returns as a derelict ship to make contact with the slumbering pyramid ship on the moon. The Leviathan's connection to the Pyramid awakens nightmares from the past, threatening to haunt anyone who dares stand in their way.
The Season of the Haunted holds more activities and content for all players:
- Nightmare Containment (free for all) - Evil echoes inside the abandoned ship. Summon challenging nightmares and purge them with fire.
- Separation - Explore the labyrinthine underbelly of the Leviathan, uncover the truth behind Calus' sinister plans, and sever the connection of the nightmares he controls.
- Solar 3.0 (free for all) - Solar is the latest completely revamped focus and is supported by the customizable Aspects and Fragments system. Let your creativity run wild, discover new builds, and prove that there's never a bad time to fight fire with fire.
- Exotic Pistol "Unauthorized" (free for all) - A comeback from the original Destiny. Use the Exotic Pistol from Shiro-4 and decorate the lackluster gold in the abandoned halls of Leviathan with glowing muzzle flash. Season Pass holders can unlock this weapon instantly.
- New Season Pass, new gear, new mods, updated Solstice event, and more!
Also new to the Everversum Store: the Season of the Haunted Silver Bundle, which unlocks the Paper Windmill gesture for Keepers, as well as 1.700 Silver (1,000 700 Bonus Silver), which can be used to purchase Seasons, cosmetic items, and more!
Later this week: The first of two dungeons included in the Witch Queen Deluxe Edition will be released this Friday at 7pm CEST. Owners of this version of the expansion will be able to play both the new dungeon and the dungeon coming in Season 19.
For players who only want access to the two Year 5 dungeons, the Witch Queen Dungeon Key is also available for purchase from Bungie. This can be purchased in-game for 2,000 silver. The contents of the new dungeon are still top secret, but some of the bonuses you can look forward to include a new Legendary Armor Set, Legendary Weapons, an Exotic Weapon, a Catalyst, and more.
Source: Press release