Embark Studios invites to open beta for PlayStation, Xbox and PC
10/26/2023 - Today, Embark Sudios kicked off the first cross-platform open beta for THE FINALS. The beta for the team-based free-to-play shooter that takes destructible environments to a whole new level runs through November 5 for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and on Steam.
The open beta introduces the brand new Skyway Stadium arena and the new Bank-It mode. It also includes a free Battle Pass with 16 exclusive permanent rewards that players can unlock and keep ready for launch. The beta features cross-play and cross-progression between PC and consoles.
The goal of the open beta is to implement lessons learned from previous testing on PC, stress test the servers and backend infrastructure on a large scale, ensure the team is able to patch and update the game quickly across platforms, and gather feedback from console and gamepad players.
Here's what players can expect in the open beta
- *NEW* Skyway Stadium - Players will experience the ever-changing and treacherous Skyward Stadium.
- Monaco - The cobblestone streets of Monaco are perfect for destruction and melee combat.
- Seoul - The towering skyscrapers of Seoul invite fast-paced, vertical gameplay. However, if you don't watch where you're stepping, you'll quickly make a run for it.
New and improved game modes
- *NEW* Bank-It - Four teams of three compete in this casual-friendly mode focused on fighting for money. Whoever reaches the limit first, or has bagged the most money at the end of a round, wins.
- Unranked Tour nament - This cashout mode is a 24-player, three-roundunranked tournament in which four teams of three each collect cash boxes and place them in vaults.
- Ranked Tour nament - This cashout mode, with four teams of three per round, consists of four rounds with a total of 48 players and has a ranked list.
- Quick Cash - A casual-friendly variation of Cashout in a 3v3v3 format, the mode includes longer matches, faster respawn intervals, quicker extraction times, and only one vault at a time.
- Practice Range - A place where participants can try out their weapons, gadgets, movesets and of course environmental destruction at their leisure.
- The free Open Beta Battle Pass includes 16 exclusive rewards that can also be carried over to the full version at launch.
- Item progression includes 5 mastery levels per weapon.
- The five levels (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond) each offer permanent rewards, including an exclusive Legendary Diamond weapon skin for those who reach Diamond level.
Even more content - The Open Beta includes 20 weapons, 26 gadgets, and nine abilities for players to choose from; plus improvements to performance, movement, team play, and more.
Source: Press release